How to Use a Recruitment Agency Effectively
If you are looking for permanent work, recruitment agencies have access to many roles you wouldn’t normally see advertised. Many permanent roles are difficult to recruit for and companies often ask experienced recruitment agencies to deal with these rather than place an advert.
Click here for more information on permanent recruitment
For most contract roles you will be registered with a good recruitment agency. Companies often use recruitment agencies for hiring contractors or temporary staff as it can help to reduce their costs and risks. Recruitment agencies such as Matchtech deal with contract positions all the time, with durations lasting from 12 weeks to 12 months or even longer.
Click here for more information on contract recruitment
Tips when using a Recruitment Agency
To get the best from a recruitment agency you should:
- Have a conversation with someone – don’t wait for people to contact you, contact us and get all the information you need
- Get the correct consultants name and contact details
- Provide your consultant with a good quality CV
- Provide your consultant with your full contact details including email address and mobile number
- Keep in touch with us and regularly update your details such as contact details, availability, role criteria
- Make yourself stand out and be enthusiastic
- Remain professional and polite and treat an agency as if they were the employer
- Be pro-active with job applications – apply online but follow up shortly afterwards with a phone call to re-iterate your keenness and get further information about your application