£30 - £36/hr
See Connectus for our electronic software systems, controls & automation and IT jobs.
Several exciting Opportunity have arisen for a Calibration Engineer to work for a leading Automotive Supplier. Successful candidates will have a proven Calibration background on Engines.
ATI, ETAS, Cameo or Puma
Engineering team member responsible for engine calibration development to achieve new levels of emissions legislation, fuel economy targets and application requirements.
As soon as possible
The Calibration Engineer’s activities will be drawn from, but not limited to the following:
- Write and execute test programmes to confirm and calibrate fuel injection equipment and engine management systems to be suitable for meeting emissions legislation;
- Managing the delivery of calibration sets to customer;
- Developing testing and sign-off procedures to facilitate the continual improvement of departmental effectiveness.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years recent hands on engine base calibration experience involving daily use and operation of engine test beds. Vehicle calibration experience will be considered supplementary.
- Experience with calibration processes and tool-chains such as ATI Vision, ETAS Inca, AVL Cameo and Puma;
- Working appreciation of embedded control techniques including being able to follow Matlab / Simulink diagrams;
- Excellent communication skills are essential. Will need to be able to communicate via reports, memos and presentations;
- Understanding of calibration release process, and associated documentation.