Electronics Development Engineer
Up to £38/hr
A fantastic opportunity for a experienced hardware engineer to join a growing team.
• Design & develop specifications under guidance and carry out Electronic Circuit and other design activities in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards.
• Carry out standard technical investigations and analyses to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for the design of improvements.
• Gather information on technical issues and report to more senior staff where appropriate
• Specify tests within a clearly defined area and evaluate and make recommendations based on results, including making suggestions to improve test/diagnosis processes.
• Carry out engineering support activities, in the field, for specific products and customers to ensure the operability of products.
• Assess implications of data analysis and formulate initial conclusions to more senior engineers (where appropriate) to take necessary decisions on actions.
• Supply a technical interface with suppliers/customers at a detailed level, ensuring the effective provision of support to customers in assigned areas in line with customer requirements and programme plans, as well as the rapid resolution or escalation of problems and issues.
• Carry out or support investigations into engineering problems or issues (individually or as a member of a project team), present basic conclusions and recommendations to more senior staff and identify and highlight trends and emerging issues.
• Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks; ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
• Provide technical support to operational activities to optimize effective processes, resolving standard problems to minimize interruptions to production.
Technical skills in one or more of the following areas are required:-
• Design of Digital Electronics including Microprocessor (e.g. Power PC)
• Design of Analogue Electronics (up to and including RF)
• Design of Power Electronics (e.g. Actuator drive circuitry)
• Derivation of sub-system architectures from system requirement inputs
Competence in one or more of the following:-
• The use of CAE Design tools (Zuken CR5000 Preferred)
• Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams
• Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents
• Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations
The following personal attributes:-
• Self starter able to achieve demanding technical and project deliverables
• Ability to interface and influence
• Ability to organize and plan own tasks to meet higher level demands
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK