Senior Software Developer - Webkit Browser
Up to £50,000/yr
For more than 70 years, our client has been at the forefront of innovation. Their discoveries, inventions and breakthrough products have helped shape the history of the digital revolution.
Webkit Source Code, Browser Development, C++, HTML-5, CSS, Digital, SMART or IPTV technology experience.
Main purpose of job
Our client designs and develops key components of flat panel digital television product range. They have many years of experience with traditional DVB broadcast systems and considerable expertise in interactive TV and IPTV technologies.
As the Television revolution continues then the next generation of Televisions will become increasingly Web-centric in their operation and the Web browser becomes the key technology component. Our client is looking to grow their existing Web browser development technology team.
Ideally they are looking for people with extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the WebKit source code. Developers with exceptional C++ skills that have an enthusiasm for WebKit are encouraged to send their resumes. Successful candidates would become part of the Web Browser Team and would perform tasks including the following:
- Performance improvements to WebCore with the WebKit community.
- Addition of new features to WebKit; these may be HTML-5, HbbTV, TV centric etc.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing the features and contributing them to WebKit open source project.
1. Development and enhancement of the WebKit-based browser and related Web-platform technologies for TV platform.
2. Technical Leader and Technical authority for Webkit.
3. Analysis and design parts of a digital television system, which may range from the user interface to the driver level. The majority of this software shall be designed using a combination of MS Word documents and UML2 (with a variety of tools). Good written English skills are essential.
4. Implement these designs in various embedded systems to a high standard. The majority of this software shall be implemented in C++.
5. Ensure that work packages meet requirements, pass quality standards and are integrated with other parts of the system.
Skills and experience
1. Excellent knowledge of the WebKit code base; ideally an active contributor to WebKit (reviewer/committer)
2. Open source software development experience.
3. Skills equivalent to a degree in Electronics, Physics, and Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline, an equivalent period of industrial experience may be substituted.
4. Experience of real-time and/or embedded software development.
6. Excellent skills in C++ for embedded multi-tasking systems.
7. Working in a small team, the candidate must be a team player and be flexible.
1. Knowledge of DVB and/or ATSC digital television standards.
2. Digital Television development experience.
3. Design with UML.
4. IPTV and or related IP technology.
5. Modern software design processes and methodologies.
6. Version control systems, software build environments.
7. Source code quality checking and analysis tools.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK