Electrical Controls Design Engineer
£25,000 - £30,000/yr
This is an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Controls Design Engineer to join a busy Southampton based firm.
Matching criteria as closely as possible
The successful applicant will be tasked with producing detailed electrical designs and production drawings, using both AutoCAD electrical and various PLC and parametric controller programs whilst maintaining an awareness of application and current BS and EN engineering standards. Responsibilities will include creating and maintaining associated equipment for production purposes and help produce manuals for both internal manufacturing and end user.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a design professional to join a specialist manufacturer with a rapidly growing presence within Europe. You will need to be qualified to a minimum of ONC or equivalent in electrical engineering and have at least 2 years experience within the work place. You will additionally possess excellent communication skills.
Must have experience in:
• PLC programming
• Control panel design
Ideally to have experience in:
• AutoCAD electrical
• PID loop control
• Siemens switchgear
• Produce detailed manufacturing electrical drawings
• Produce and maintain back panel arrangement drawings
• Produce and maintain detailed BOM’s
• Help produce operational manuals for both shop floor and end user
• Modify existing PLC programs with the aim to produce bespoke PLC programs in time
• Work with outside contractors such as panel builders and PLC software houses
• Assist with technical support for both service and customer