DCS Field Service Engineer - Home-based
UK-Based and Offshore
See Connectus for our electronic software systems, controls & automation and IT jobs.
Our client, a global supplier of products and solutions to control and automate process-related operations across numerous industries, has an urgent requirement for multiple Field Service Engineers to provide UK-wide support to their clients.
Control Systems, DCS, PLC/SCADA
As a Field Service Engineer, It will be your role to provide professional and profitable after-sale support to the customer base for all products, including first line maintenance and repair services, site installation, commissioning and start-up.
Duties will include undertaking or managing major modification programs, related to the company’s hardware and software.
• Utilise company intelligent field devices to generate performance data and interpret this data into meaningful recommendations for the customer.
• Carry our installation/commissioning, fault analysis and repairs on in-house products, including investigation of persistent or not easily resolvable problems being experienced at customer sites
• Develop and implement product/system configuration changes at site to meet customer requirements
• Provide on-site customer training in the application, service and operation of the given products
• Assist customers in the resolution of product service and application problems
• Be available to support the on-call rota
• Assist Sales Engineers in the demonstration of the company’s products to potential customers and to provide guidance in product application and after sales service
• Proactively identify Service/Product opportunities and assist the pursuit
• Assist in the preparation of support literature for Sales opportunities
• Be flexible to work throughout the British Isles, offshore or abroad and work additional hours and weekends to support customers.
Successful candidates will ideally be HNC/Degree level in an Electrical Engineering (or similar) discipline, such as Electronics, Computer Science or Control Engineering. You should have relevant experience as a Service or Systems Engineer in a process control environment with a particular emphasis on installation, commissioning and start-up. A knowledge of DCS systems (Honeywell, Yokogawa, ABB) or Legacy systems knowledge - RS3 or ProvoX is essential. You will have an understanding of C&I theory including Control loop configuration and tuning. Clear and effective communication skills are essential.
This role will require an element of offshore and out-of-hours support, for which allowances are offered.
Applicants must posess a full UK driving license, and hold (or be eligible to attain) an valid Offshore Safety (BOSIET/OLF) and Offshore Medical certificates.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
The Matchtech Controls & Automation team specialise in the following skills: SCADA - PLC Engineer - ICA - Instrument Engineer - Control Systems - Hardware Design - Safety System - Automation - Electrical Controls - Electrical Design Engineer - SCADA - PLC Engineer - ICA - Instrument Engineer - Control Systems - Automation - Electrical Design Engineer - Safety System - Hardware Design - Electrical Controls