Senior Information Security Consultant
Up to £65,000/yr
Greater London, London
Fantastic opportunity for an Information Security Professional with a Global Security Services organisation, a registered member of CREST and CHECK. This vacancy presents an outstanding opportunity to advance your career in the field of InfoSec.
Application and/or infrastructure penetration testing experience, a good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security ski
This exciting, prestigious and rapidly expanding Information Security Services business was started by a group of individuals from the Big 4. The team based in the UK have doubled over the past year and a relocation to larger premises in the heart of London is taking place in the coming months.
Clients of this organisation include some of the major Global finance institutions and some of the biggest and best known technology companies in the World.
In short, a unique and extremely interesting opportunity for the right candidate. You will not only receive a high degree of support, but extensive training is also provided and you can expect to be put through CHECK / CREST Team Leader and Team member certification, assuming you do not already have these credentials (which would be of benefit to your application!).
The organisation are looking for a smart, energetic and motivated individual to add to its London based team. As a Senior Consultant you will be leading staff in performing the following services:
- Application penetration testing and application source code review
- Secure Development Lifecycle consultancy and advisory
- Vulnerability and penetration assessments on Internet exposed systems
- Applying and developing appropriate exploits to gain access, and expand access to remote systems
- Documenting technical issues identified during security assessments
This client provides a challenging and exciting work environment that offers a healthy combination of autonomy and senior level support. The team publishes books and security blogs, contributes to open source software projects, and are engaged in a variety of continuous security research projects.
The following are expected from potential applicants:
- Application and/or infrastructure penetration testing experience above and beyond running automated tools
- Development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, or Java
- Familiarity with threat modeling and security design review methodologies
- A good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security skills
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Ability to work both independently and perform as a leader in a team environment
- At least 5 years relevant experience in the above
- Degree from an accredited University or equivalent
- Currently resident within the United Kingdom, or not requiring work permit sponsorship
The following are not required from applicants but would be considered a plus:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major
- Experience working as part of an enterprise development team
- Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification
- CREST testing certification
- CHECK Team Member/ CHECK Team Leader
- British National able to gain / hold UK government SC clearance
- Fluency in one or more Western European languages
If you enjoy performing deep technical work in a fun and casual atmosphere, contact me to find out more about joining the team. Jon Witcomb - 01489 882 503.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK