3rd line Network / Firewall - Cisco ASA / PIX
£40,000 - £50,000/yr
3rd Line Network Engineer with exceptional ability in Cisco ASA and Cisco PIX required for a role based in Berkshire. Fantastic role for a lead Network Engineer with Cisco ASA and PIX and solid understanding of VoIP, DNS, Proxy, switching and routing.
3rd line, Network Support, Firewall, Cisco, ASA, PIX, Network Security, VoIP, DNS, FTP, Switching, Routing, Proxy Servers
This is a great opportunity for a 3rd line Network Support Engineer, to join a busy Infrastructure team and provide network support on Cisco ASA And Cisco PIX technology. Your role will be to ensure the smooth running of the IT Network and resolve any problems or faults that arise and act as an escalation point for the IT Helpdesk team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very dynamic company and work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. Key skills required for this role are: -
- Provide a technical escalation point for the IT Helpdesk team
- Provide expert knowledge of networking, including IP addressing, routing, subnets and protocols such as DNS and FTP
- Provide expert knowledge of Cisco network devices, specifically ASA / PIX and switches
- Provide expert knowledge of VPN protocols, their setup and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of load balancing services
- Knowledge of VoIP Technologies
- In depth knowledge of IT network security, including ideally IDS and Vulnerability scanning
- Knowledge of working with and administering proxy servers would be an advantage
- Troubleshoot issues in a methodical, thought out, and efficient manner
- Maintaining all aspects of network security
- Ensure network devices are patched to a consistent and appropriate level
- Maintain a good knowledge of IT technologies and developments
- Experience with Windows Server, VMWare or Exchange would be an advantage
In summary, if you are a seeking a role as a 3rd line Network Support Engineer, working with Cisco ASA and PIX devices in a fast-paced, highly technical role, then send your CV today!.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK