£47,000 - £52,000/yr
My worldwide Aerospace client require an experienced Quality Manager to be responsible for leading the execution and deployment of the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership
Management/team leader experience
This position is responsible for leading the execution and deployment of the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership. The position provides Total Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells. You will lead continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Manage the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Manages Quality customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Ensures quality organization support to Supply Chain Management organisation relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- Leads the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Participates in, and may lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- Analyses organizational quality metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
- Develops and implements a Quality structure capable of supporting strategic business plans and initiatives
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
- Ensures functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
- Leads improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
- Ensures development, implementation, and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinates with plant leadership to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans
- Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
• Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyse problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
• Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
• Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e., ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100 etc).
• Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
• Detailed knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
• Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
• Thorough understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
• Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Multiple years of related professional and Supervisory/Managerial experience
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred
• Degree qualification
Travel Required Up to 10 percent
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK