- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Engineering careers in 2021: opportunities, challenges and earnings
It’s no secret - Engineers have faced challenging and unsettling times over the last 12 months.
And with results from The Engineer’s Salary Survey reporting large numbers of the UK engineering workforce as out of work, furloughed, or obliged to sacrifice part of their salary, there’s palpable tension in the market.
Will the global engineering market bounce back?
Or has the pandemic accelerated an industry-wide change that’s set to have a profound, long-term impact on engineering’s skill requirements and career opportunities?
One thing’s clear - engineers want answers. And that’s why we’ve teamed up with renowned industry publication The Engineer to tackle the topic head-on.
You’re invited - join our expert panel on 24th March 2021
Date: 24th March 2021
Time: 15:00 GMT
Our expert panel will discuss the results of their eagerly-anticipated Salary Survey and cover key information including:
- Market movements - what are the key areas of opportunity for job-seekers to capitalise on?
- Salary fluctuations - what implications do they have?
- Transferable skills - where will your expertise be best placed moving forward?
And much more.
Gain actionable insight from industry thought leaders
Hosted by Matchtech’s Managing Director, Grahame Carter, and The Engineer’s Editor, Jon Excell, the panel discussion will bring together a diverse pool of experts to dive deep into the Salary Survey’s key findings and offer actionable insight into how both engineers and engineering employers can navigate this difficult landscape.
If you’re an engineering professional or are involved in the hiring of industry talent, this isn’t one to be missed. Save Your Spot Now.
Top in News & insights
- Matchtech & Resourcing Solutions go for Gold in Constructionline certification
Furthering their commitment to both client base and workforce, Matchtech and Resourcing Solutions are delighted to announce...
- All aboard! Matchtech & Resourcing Solutions sign on for The Big Rail Diversity Challenge 2021
Matchtech & Recruitment Solutions join forces this September to take on The Big Rail Diversity Challenge
Related fields of work