Find your future role
RF Systems Architect
|Saffron Walden, England
An exciting opportunity for a Senior level Electronics Engineer/ RF Engineer with the knowledge to take a customers word, and begin architecting and designing new systems and products from scratch.
Key skills required for this role
Senior Electronic Systems Design Engineer
UK based applicants only, Sponsorship is not offered with this role. The role is subject to the applicant being able to gain Security Clearance.
RF Systems Architect
Permanent | Hybrid working | Great Chesterford, UK | SC - UKEO
Our client is looking for an RF Systems Architect to join their team, possessing the experience and knowledge necessary to take a customer's requirements and proceed with architecting and designing new systems and products.
The work will require an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals underlying the real-world engineering of systems that have a basis in Radar and Radio. Experience in the definition and engineering of new radio communications and/or radar systems is essential.
- Creating RF System designs from scratch, without a detailed design specification
- Interacting with customers to work out what they want/ what they really need
- Distilling customer requirements into feasibility study and system-level analysis
- Explaining complex technical matters to non-technical customers in an understandable way
- Generating block diagrams
- Creating specifications for modules
- Drawing schematics
- Experience in Radar and Radio Communications
- Ability to create RF system designs from scratch, without a design specification
- Experience with circuit level Electronics
- The ability to lead/ supervise a team
- Eligibility to obtain Security Clearance - UKEO (ESSENTIAL)
- Willingness to work at least 2/3 days onsite
- Benefits Company Bonus Scheme: Paid annually based on a percentage of your salary, conditional on performance against annual company targets
- Private Medical Insurance: Paid for by the Company, although taxable as a benefit in kind. Covers dependants, including spouse/partners/children. Note: Does not cover pre-existing conditions
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income Protection Scheme): Paid for by the Company, available post-probation. Claims kick in after 26 weeks' absence. Benefit equivalent to 75% of your salary (less government benefit).
- Life Assurance (Death in Service): Lump sum payable, equivalent to 6 times your salary. Expression of wish form to be completed by all employees.
- Pension - DC Scheme: Employee contribution minimum 5% of salary. Employer contribution of 7% of salary. If contributions are made via salary sacrifice, employer National Insurance contributions savings are added to the employer contribution.
- Annual Leave: 25 days of annual leave per annum, in addition to 8 public holidays. Employees have the option to buy up to an additional 5 days of annual leave, payable monthly via payroll. Long Service Annual Leave Award: For 5 years' service, a one-off additional 5 days' holiday for that calendar year only. For 10 years' service, an additional 2 days' holiday per calendar year going forward.
- Learning Opportunities/Support: Employees are provided with up to 5 days per annum for training and development. Training courses are agreed upon in advance by the manager and HR, aligning with appraisal discussions. As corporate members of CSAR, employees can attend lectures and webinars on innovation, research, and more.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Maximum allowance of £2000 per annum. Payable over 12 months, with monthly deductions from salary, free from tax/NI.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Covers topics such as wellbeing, legal, financial, relationships, etc. Offers telephone counselling support and webinars. Eye Tests for VDU Work: Plextek covers the cost of an eye test. If spectacles for VDU use are required, reasonable costs (up to £100) will be contributed by Plextek.
- Medical Cash Plan: Includes coverage for optical, dental, and physiotherapy treatments, preventative checks and jabs, prescriptions, consultations, and diagnostic tests. Paid for by the Company, although taxable as a benefit in kind. Covers up to 4 children.
- Additional Perks: Ample free parking in a rural setting. Free refreshments such as tea, coffee, and fruit. Regular social events to foster team camaraderie. Discounted access to cinema tickets, gift hampers, and more
Would you like to work on novel healthcare solutions, smart city technology, advanced robotic systems or sensors for autonomous drones? What about mobile ad-hoc radio networks or airfield radar? How do you fancy underwater or aircraft-based sensor and communications systems? These are all current projects of our client, and they need the brightest minds joining their diverse team to deliver them.
Their work is largely driven by technical development and innovation. One of the great advantages of working for them is that no two projects are the same. If you are an enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated person with a background in engineering, who thrives on variety, enjoys learning new skills and facing exciting challenges then this is the place to be.