Find your future role
Construction Manager - Solar Energy
|Job type||Contract initial 6 month|
Experience in management of PV Solar Farm construction?
In support of the delivery team, the Construction Manager will control & monitor the quality & contractual compliance of the work performed by the EPC & ICP contractors.
Key skills required for this role
Solar PV experience in pre-construction or construction,
Solar PV experience in pre-construction or construction
- Visit sites under construction controlling the quality and the contractual compliance of the work performed by the EPC or ICP contractor.
- Report to the PM any deviation including those related to engineering / procurement / construction schedule, construction vs engineering design, environmental or technical NCRs.
- Propose corrective actions including draft responses to contractual deviations - such corrective action to be undertaken by the contractor.
- Provide to the relevant PM a daily report capturing the progress achieved compared to the BOQ, including rate of the activities and forecasting the end of the works.
- Provide technical, contractual and budget guidance to the development team and the rest of the business.
- Ensure health and safety standards are met and work to resolve matters that affect the safety and quality of projects.
- Perform pre-construction visits to sites under development and provide feedback to the development team about the different constraints affecting the sites in term of constructability / accessibility / connectivity to the grid.
- In depth knowledge of the development and construction process of Solar PV plants, including HSE requirements and having been involved in the construction of Solar PV plants in Spain.
- Previous proven experience working with EPC contractors, ICP contractors and DNO in the renewable sector.
- Attention to technical details and contractual requirements.
- Professional and diligent manner with a flexible attitude.
- Able to work in isolation (will be mainly on site) establishing daily contact with the rest of the team based in the office.
- Ideally Spanish speaker.