Find your future role
IT Support Technician
Matchtech are looking for a field-based IT Support Technician to work across our clients sites in Kent, Sussex and Hampshire. A company van will be provided for this role.
Key skills required for this role
IT Support Technician - Field - Technical - Deployment - Installation - Configuration - Repairing - Diagnosing - Hardware - Software
IT Support Technician (Field based) - Enfield (Travel across Kent, Sussex, Hampshire) - Up to £32k + company van
IT Support Technician
Enfield + travel across Kent, Sussex and Hampshire
Salary up to £32,000 + company van
To provide support with company IT systems in the field and at various company sites.
Support includes all IT related software, hardware and field devices, ensuring operational continuity, integrity and data security while also providing field support and training to operational teams and sites.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Configuring, updating and supporting field devices and field based users.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults.
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts.
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety.
- Maintaining records of software licences.
- Managing stocks of IT related equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Ensure staff are aware of and comply with Network and system protocol and are informed of changes as appropriate.
- Liaise with IT Manager to ensure system integrity and disaster recovery plans are in place, maintained and tested.
- Liaise with the IT Manager on process changes and impact on IT needs especially where key operational activities are affected.
- Undertake regular audit of system use and produce and deliver training schedules to both office and field staff on IT systems use.
- Maintain all IT systems for optimum use and efficiency in accordance with policies.
- Maintain and manage security access to all systems
- Ensure appropriate data and system backup's are completed and logged.
- Ensure workstation and field device H&S requirements are reviewed annually and recorded in consultation with the H&S Representative.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good Microsoft Cloud knowledge
- Technical skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Willingness to travel and attend various company and client sites
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly and accurately assess situations and prioritise effectively
- Be highly motivated, manage your own workload and meet deadlines while working under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Take responsibility for decision making
- Be flexible, adaptable and a natural team player
- Possess a positive 'can do' attitude and share our commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Have good Excel, Word and Outlook skills, along with a natural ability to pick up new IT concepts quickly
- Enthusiasm for continual learning