Find your future role
|Contract 6 months +
An exciting role based in the Southwest for an experienced Traffic Engineer to join an ever-growing team. This role is Outside IR35 and requires you to attend office/site, 2/3 times per week. See further details below.
Key skills required for this role
Traffic Engineer - Parking - TRO's - Design - AutoCad
Traffic Engineer - Highways - Transportation - Parking
The work will involve checking the conformity of signs and lines for parking restrictions, by carrying out site visits, checking what's on site with the existing TROs, producing designs to rectify issues, issuing a package to a contractor, and supervising the work. Please see details below,
- Assess parking areas in the county to confirm if they are enforceable,
- Do NRSWA searches,
- Do site surveys.
- Produce designs/drawings for work amendments including signing and road marking,
- Liaise with stakeholders,
- Supervise the implementation of signing and road marking including marking up on site, resolving site issues and snagging completed works.
Skills and experience required include,
- Thorough knowledge and use of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and The Traffic Signs Manual,
- Design of signs and road markings using the TSRGD and The Traffic Signs Manual,
- Use of AutoCad, design software for traffic signs and road marking,
- Liaising with stakeholders,
- Producing cost estimates/BoQ for contractor works,
- Supervision of site works.
The requirement is to attend office / site 2 to 3 times per week for site visits with at least 1 day in the office depending on site visit requirements.