- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Cloud Software Engineers
Our client are a leading defence and national security technology consultancy with exciting opportunities for experienced cloud software engineers to join them in their Manchester offices.
Your projects will be diverse, applying your skills to deliver impact for our clients, from research to rapid prototypes through to agile operational solutions. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work across projects in different domains.
Beyond your technical skills, we expect you to thrive from working with world class scientists and engineers, be technically curious, and always wanting to develop your skills, knowledge and networks. You will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Working as part of a cross-functional, agile delivery team to develop solutions for our customers.
- Operate flexibly and effectively as part of a hybrid distributed team.
- Research and integrate new tools, frameworks, and languages.
- Opportunities to take on Scrum Master, Product Owner and Solution Architect roles.
- Engage with the wider team to contribute to Business Development and Innovation activities.
- Hands on AWS experience with knowledge of a range of AWS services, including cloud native services, and ideally certification at Practitioner or Associate level
- Agile ways of working using Scrum, Kanban and SAFe, and CI/CD
- Frontend development and UX, e.g. in Vue or React
- Experience with containers, e.g. Docker or Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as Code technologies, e.g. Terraform/Ansible/vagrant
- Good experience of Python, and other modern programming languages such as Java or golang
- Version control and project management using Git, GitLab, GitHub or JIRA
- Experience of machine learning frameworks
- Experience with data analytics, DataOps, data visualization, and techniques for acquiring and fusing data
- A familiarity with Linux and working with open source software
- Windows automation using Powershell
- Knowledge of other deployment platforms such as Azure, GCP or OpenShift