- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client are a cutting edge technology consutancy seeking experienced consultants to join them in the fields of Data science, AI, Cloud and Systems Architecture
As a Technical Consultant you will play a crucial role in the discovery of Business requirements, Development of the Public Sector Technical solutions and in supporting the winning of opportunities.
Technical Consultants will be expected to possess a sound level of domain knowledge, or one or more technical specialisms with demonstrable ability to co-ordinate small teams.
Technical Consultants should be able to demonstrate recent knowledge of one or more of the following technical specialisms:
- Data Science or Data Engineering
- Cloud design/delivery experience
- Machine Learning/ AI
- Technical and systems solution architectures
The role will also include
As a Technical Consultant, you'll be comfortable working alongside Engineers but equally capable of clearly articulating complex technical concepts in an easily understood manner to non-technical colleagues
You'll work with stakeholders at multiple levels to determine the contribution that business and IT improvements can make to achieving business objectives and, or delivering strategic technical capability; agreeing and prioritising business requirements, conducting Technical Options Appraisals and assisting in the definition and implementation of holistic solutions
- As a Technical Consultant, you will assist seniors throughout the systems lifecycle, ensuring that solutions are aligned with the strategy and enterprise architecture
- Aligning Technological Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and approaches to managing dependencies and mitigation of risk
- Provide technical assistance to development teams, from assisting with development, conducting code-reviews to promoting technical best practice where appropriate. Including participation in regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities
- Support the internal development of Roke Consulting's consulting capability by building a team of specialist technologists and business analysts through training, recruitment and capability development.
- Support account and project managers in winning new work and delivering quality and assured deliverables work to clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering business and technical consultancy projects ideally within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- Experience in delivering Technical input to all stages of the Systems Lifecycle
- Able to integrate and successfully work within multi-disciplinary teams both onsite and offsite in client facing engagement
- Experience of acting as the bridge between business, technical and non-technical teams
- Experience of defining and implementing technical aspects of client strategies