- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Communications Network Engineer
Our client are a leading defence technology consultancy seeking an experienced network engineer for a role based with their client in central London.
This role supports delivery and operation of a strategic Government capability, which is key to the UK's security and law enforcement mission. You will be representing the client in stakeholder engagements - to understand technical challenges, and design and implement tactical solutions for live operation [further details can be provided on application].
We are looking for a candidate interested in a role supporting UK security and law enforcement. You must have experience of Cisco, Python and Linux. You must be customer focused with an eye for detail and looking for a role based in London.
Activities and responsibilities of the role include:
- Architecting dynamic network solutions around customer requirements
- Managing client and stakeholder relations with a high degree professionalism
- Influencing suppliers and clients to work within short timeframes
- Working with clients to design and implement network solutions
- Managing deployment teams and organising remote operations
- Maintaining and configuring Cisco & Juniper Firewalls
- Maintaining and configuring Cisco Switches & Load balancers
- Organising workflow and problem reports
- Creating dynamic Python scripts
Education and Qualifications
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or Engineering subject or a HND in a science or engineering subject and equivalent industry experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally candidates will have a solid background supporting Linux systems (CentOS/Redhat preferred), experience with Cisco switches/firewalls (CCENT or CCNA highly desirable), a strong understanding of IP networking, VPN standards and configuration, good communication skills and an eye for detail and precision.
- Highly desirable skills include a good understanding of RADIUS, SNMP, GRE SPANs and VOIP protocols.
- Good working knowledge of AWS and intermediate Python, Ansible and BASH skills are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to work on secondment at a client location.