- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client are a leading technology consultancy with an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Architect to join them in Hampshire. Gloucester or London.
- Work closely with the Senior Client Manager, Head of Delivery and Lead Architect to understand and influence the customer's business requirements in support of "Win new Business" activities and ongoing contracts.
- Supporting the Lead Architect to identify suitably qualified resources to enable delivery.
- Provide knowledgeable input into relevant Campaign Plans.
- Work with the BU Delivery team to ensure that business transformation solutions are handed over to a suitably qualified resource on contract award.
- Successfully and rapidly integrate with client and company teams, making recommendations for business improvement.
- Understand the client's strategy and capability maturity to develop an end-state business architecture that meets the desired needs. Work with key stakeholders to agree the end-state business architecture and develop roadmaps and value propositions.
- Aligning Transformational Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and Risk Mitigation approaches.
- Develop a model-based view of various architecture domains covering people, processes and information working with other specialists.
- Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle.
- Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and also present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
- Provide support to development teams through business process reengineering and transformation and regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities
- Support the internal development of the BU Architecture capability.
- Support account and project managers in wining new work and delivering quality team work to clients.
- Manage risks and issues related to business architecture to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven track-record in delivering business and technical consultancy outcomes within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- A results-focussed, operationally disciplined mind-set with the ability to manage resources and time effectively to deliver at pace.
- Excellent Architecture and Design experience in enterprise environments using current and upcoming languages and open-source frameworks.
- Hands-on experience of developing Target Operating Models, Transformation Roadmaps, Conceptual and Programme Blueprints.
- Hands-on experience of using modern business and EA patterns and familiarity with the development and delivery of architectures in both Service and System-Oriented Environment (and ability to communicate both)
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF), Architecture Modelling Languages (e.g. Archimate, UML, BPMN) and experience using of one or more CASE tools (e.g. MooD, Enterprise Architect, ARIS, MEGA, Rhapsody, BizzDesign etc.)
Highly desirable are qualifications in one or more of the following:
- BCS Professional Certificate in Business Architecture
- Business Architecture Guild Certified Business Architect
- International Diploma in Business Analysis
- The Open Group TOGAF 9.2 Certification
- ArchiMate 3.0 Certification
- BCS Advance