- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
E/E System Integration Engineer
An exciting long-term contract to join a Prestigious Automotive OEM. Responsible for E/E Component development from concept to launch. Experience of Electronic and ECU design, full vehicle Electrical Systems, Body Electronics, ECU development.
This role is INSIDE IR35
Predominantly WFH with on site as required (1-2 days pw)
Pay rate: £30 - £40ph Umbrella (£25.58 ph - £34.10ph PAYE)
The Bespoke Electrical Project Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of Electrical component and system development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content.
The position is responsible for project planning of electrical engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
- Automotive ECU (Electronic Control Unit) development for Automotive applications
- Hardware and Software understanding
- Working knowledge of embedded programming: C, C++
- Knowledge and experience of modelling real-time systems (e.g. Task-models, timing, system description, Simulation etc).
- Ability to carry out Programming and Parameterisation development of electrical ECUs/Drivers/Systems
- Laboratory skills with Electrical/Electronic tools such as DMM, Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyser, vehicle bus network simulation tools such as CANoe, CAN ape.
- Practical experience in design and construction of prototype hardware for Concept investigations and potential 'verification test' simulation equipment.
- Experience of designing to meet RFI and EMC requirements.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 years' experience in an Automotive Engineering Electrical/Electronic development environment
- Supplier Management experience
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing End of Line and Configuration Processes for electrical components.
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content
- Experience in automotive electrical engineering project management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
Key accountabilities include:
- To manage and carry out the necessary electrical development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, Centre of Competence Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
- Developing and evaluating conceptual alternatives from the Process-Chain, and supplying cost information to Project Management & Purchasing for make or buy decisions.
- To financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops.
- Lead the Electrical Simultaneous Engineering Team and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business.
- Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the Lead Engineer
- Creation, maintain, and alignment of engineering time plans ensuring activities are aligned with Process-Chain stakeholders and deliver the project on time for the require milestones
- To mediate any conflicts within the process chain, implement the solutions with best effect to the overall business, or escalate topics to the Lead Engineer that cannot be resolved
- Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Specifications, and other engineering documents
- To agree with Series engineering stakeholders the required Legal, Safety & group requirements to features must adhere to
- To lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D electrical wiring/pinning drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering System Release
- To ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance
- To ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents
- To determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- To validate the product to all homologation/Legal Regulation requirements before preparing information for Engineering Release.
- To lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" and to report/document the status when required
- To continually improve department processes and process "Building Blocks" in conjunction with colleagues throughout the complete bespoke organisation
- To actively participate in departmental strategic improvements and initiatives