- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal FPGA Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge radar technology business with an exciting requirement for an experienced FPGA design engineer to join them in their North London headquarters.
- To use good engineering practice to produce Firmware for new, innovative and profitable products and solutions for the business.
- To support and enhance existing Firmware in accordance with business and commercial requirements.
- To be responsible for defining requirements for a feature/bug fix up to full system level; design and document a solution that meets the requirements; and, implement, test and verify the design meets the requirements with supported test evidence.
- To undertake design, implementation and debugging of VHDL based FPGA hardware.
- To undertake design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
- Will be expected to take responsibility of multiple projects/work packages. This will involve scoping the task and defining resources together with estimated time scales. Project ownership will involve monitoring project progress and reporting to stake holders.
- To be knowledgeable of company working polices and ensure they are followed throughout the team.
- To be responsible for building a Software/Firmware package for release; including: configuring the release, raising the appropriate documentation and chairing the release meeting.
- Technical liaison within and outside the business with customers, suppliers and collaborators on Firmware related matters.
- To be able to use test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, signal generators, etc. to test hardware on the bench running your implemented Firmware and verify it operates as expected.
- Mentoring of junior members of the team and providing constructive feedback in code/document reviews.
- To conduct appropriate Design Reviews of FPGA design and VHDL implementation.
- To undertake system design at the highest level and creation of suitable documentation to allow implementation of system to take place.
- To write technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description
- To provide in house training on FPGA design, techniques and tools.
- To provide a leadership and supervisory role for more junior engineers.
- To take part in higher-level product definition and design review activity, providing expert input from an FPGA perspective.
- To promote the business within appropriate forums.
- Travel within the UK may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. This could be required at short notice.
- To undertake other tasks as required by more senior management.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree qualified or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong experience working on FPGA designs.
- Experience working on systems containing multiple FPGAs.
- Proven track record of analysing system requirements at the highest level and decomposing them into a suitable implementation for a product.
- Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
- Experience working on Radar or related DSP applications.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.