- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Delivery Lead
Our client are a leading marine systems manufacturer seeking an experienced project engineer / project manager with a strong software engineering background to join them in their Portchester offices.
This role would be suited to a Software Engineer who has transitioned to more of a project and delivery focused role. This key role will be working within the Software team, and working closely with the project managers.
We are looking for an individual who likes to tackle every problem with enthusiasm, somebody who will share the team's passion for our technology. In return, you will get to work in an environment where no two days are the same and where your contribution makes a real difference.
- Work closely with Design Authorities and Project Managers, to ensure the successful execution and delivery of multiple complex projects.
- Develop detailed software project plans and schedules from work breakdown structures to deliver against project objectives.
- Liaise with customers (both internal and external) and SMEs to develop schedules that satisfy the necessary delivery timelines and resource availability.
- Information gathering, analysis, and investigation of suitable creative solutions, to tackle project issues as and when they arise.
- Management of deliveries against technical software plan to agreed deadlines.
- Assign, track, and manage tasking within the allocated resource pool.
- Make use of correct reporting mechanisms against agreed technical plans to the project management team.
- Manage scope and design change processes both internally and with the customer.
- Adjust schedule according to outputs from change control processes (e.g., engineering change requests, support requests, bug reports).
- Lead a technical team to complete project or product delivery objectives using appropriate processes and methodologies (e.g., sprint planning, retrospectives).
- Managing and driving the appropriate level of communication for key stakeholders.
- Configuration Management of all relevant project deliverables & documentation.
- Ensuring the correct processes for system integration and commissioning are in place, being followed and are appropriately evidenced.
- Agree project objectives where designated and propose approaches to resolve or progress issues.
- Risk and Opportunity management.
- Ensuring that all the aims and quality standards of the software project are met.
- Deliver agreed personal objectives in line with those of the team and the wider business.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Comfortable using Agile concepts and techniques (e.g., leading scrum teams, sprint planning, retrospectives).
- Experience with project management concepts (e.g., project planning, risk analysis, configuration management).
- Project Management, Project Controls, Project Engineering, or similar experience within complex engineering projects.
- A keen interest in robotics and unmanned vehicles.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and MBSE tooling.
- Previous experience working within or alongside software development teams.
- Basic knowledge of software management, deployment, and integration techniques.