- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Project Engineering Manager
The primary function of the role is that of Engineering Manager on one of our major projects. Working with the Lead Engineer you will be leading multiple workstreams with line management responsibility for teams working across multiple packages.
Key Aims & Objectives
- Supported by the project's Lead Engineer, lead the multi-discipline engineering team through the turnkey process, with responsibility for time, cost and quality.
- Manage the recruitment and development of the project's engineering resource.
- With the Project Manager, develop and communicate the delivery strategy for an assigned project, informing the Head of Projects and Engineering Manager.
- Proactively manage the interfaces between the multi-discipline engineering teams, including sub-contract resources, to ensure delivery against programme, incorporating LFE and continuous improvement.
- Work with the Project Manager and Lead Engineer to identify and manage change, ensuring it is recorded and processed in accordance with the contract.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Accountability for overall engineering progress, resource management and client engagement on an assigned project.
- Oversight responsibility for the technical output of the project's suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, on time and fit for purpose output.
- Technical and line management of the engineering team for an assigned project.
- Day to day review and reporting of technical progress on an assigned project, both internally and to external stakeholders.
- Support the Engineering Manager and Engineering Leadership Team in aspects of running and continuously improving the Engineering department.
- In their absence, deputise for the Lead Engineer on all technical matters.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering design management.
- Demonstrable track record in engineering team leadership including people management, recruitment, motivation, and development.
- Experience within the nuclear or another highly regulated industry.
- Ideally experience working with a contractor or sub-contractor to a nuclear industry client.
- Very strong technical and commercial acumen.
- Experience with NEC forms of contract desired.
- Exposure to, and understanding of, a wide range of manufacturing processes.
- Very strong mechanical engineering (or similar) background.
- Security cleared or able to achieve SC and DV vetting
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- Desirably a Chartered Engineer (IMechE, NI etc) or in the process of achieving.