- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Assistant Design and Engineering Manager
I am recruiting for an Assistant Design and Engineering Manager to work on HS2 delivering civil engineering works across an 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood.
Assistant Design and Engineering Manager REF: 505024
I am recruiting for an Assistant Design and Engineering Manager to work on HS2 delivering civil engineering works across an 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. My clients scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 5km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 67 overbridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation. My client is committed to improving lives, communities and the engineering and construction industry by providing sustained employment opportunities and being a good neighbour, protecting the environment and the places we work.
Assistant Design and Engineering Manager Package:
Company car / allowance
25 days holiday
Assistant Design and Engineering Manager Role:
- Support the Design and Engineering Manager in managing and delivering the Design in accordance with the Programme and the Client's requirements. This is working on the HS2 project.
- You will have overall technical accountability to the Engineering and Design Manager for the technical delivery of the design and build. You'll also be responsible for day to day management and coordination of the Design, including completion of verification (checking), technical review, and interdisciplinary checking and review.
- We need you to manage and co-ordinate reviews or checks of the design required by third parties such as Cat 3 design checkers. Ensuring coordination of all design and assurance deliverables with interfacing organisations is a key part of this role. Reviewing technical and assurance deliverable prior to acceptance by the Design and Engineering Manager is also a key responsibility.
- You will need to maintain close liaison and collaboration with HS2 technical team as required. You'll need to establish regular meeting and reporting cycles for managing, coordinating and assuring the Design. In the construction stage, you'll need to manage and coordinate Design related queries and changes. Confirming with the Designer a procedure for the provision of Red Line/As-Built information required to produce the As-built. Attendance and support to the Client, Designer and internal meetings
Essential Assistant Design and Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Experience in Database administration and use
- IT Skills - Knowledge of MS Office
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience working in large infrastructure projects
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.