- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Systems Engineer (Guidance, Control and Navigation)
Are you looking to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a successful, innovative company? Are you looking for flexibility and a great work life balance? We have the opportunity to join an award winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company as a Systems Engineer (Guidance, Control and Navigation) working on fast paced and exciting projects!
This role will deliver the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within the business!
You will be joining a dynamic team, who engages with the algorithm users, understands and responds to their requirements, ensuring that algorithms are appropriate for the intended use.
The role will cover a broad range of skills, including feasibility studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm, and model validation.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Proven experience of applicable algorithms i.e. Guidance, Control, Data Fusion, Navigation, Image Processing.
- Have a good understanding of, and good working experience in all phases of the engineering life cycle.
- Have the ability to visualise and analyse complex systems.
- Experience and capability of working on your own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Experience in flight dynamics and aerodynamics would be desirable.
- Experience in sensors (e.g. IMUs, GPS, RF and IR seekers)
- Exposure in actuation systems in relation to autopilot design and servo control.
- Experience on The MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow, C, FORTRAN and Ada.
For full information, please get in touch!