- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Working with a established family company, supported by a wider financially robust Group, over multiple industries within electro/mechanical integration sector.
- At least 2 years production management experience in an SME manufacturing company in machining or sheet metal environment.
- Experience of computer based production management tools with familiarity of Bills of material, production planning, scheduling, works orders, capacity planning.
- People management including recruitment, appraisal, training and capability/disciplinary procedures.
- Familiar with an ISO9001:2015 production environment.
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire and energise individuals and teams, encouraging teamwork and maximising productivity.
- Able to create and nurture a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: accurate, clear and concise.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, and able to produce accurate, high quality reports and documents quickly.
Desirable but not essential:
- Have previously worked in a sub-contract manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in Aerospace and Defence sectors
- Have previous experience of a paint-shop / silk-screening
- Lean manufacturing.
- Good understanding of Defence Standards.
- Good understanding of paint systems.
- Ability to prioritise and use risk mitigation in decision making.
- Engineering qualification to ONC/HNC or equivalent.
- Formal training in Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Be apprenticeship trained in an engineering environment.
- Professional appearance and behaviour.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task, handling multiple priorities.
- Able to learn new skills quickly and apply them/ improve them consistently.
- Lifelong learner, practitioner and teacher to others of new skills.
- Organised, tidy with good time management.
- Works well under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, adaptable and accepting of change.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Setter and driver of high standards.
- Challenge seeking with copious amounts of energy to deliver and to overcome any failures along the way.
- Emotionally resilient to be able to deal effectively and efficiently with performance management.
- In alignment and adherence to the company principles of business and demonstrating a good balance of sustaining and accelerating behaviours in the workplace.