- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Setting out Engineer
Setting Out Engineer (Highways) required to join my clients' major projects team. My client is a leading civil engineering and construction organisation that with an annual turnover in excess of £225M.
Setting Out Engineer (Highways) required to join my clients' major projects team. My client is a leading civil engineering and construction organisation that with an annual turnover in excess of £225M. The Setting Out Engineer will be part of the 1000+ directly employed workforce delivering client solutions to Government, rail, highways, local authorities utility companies and selected private sector organisations. This Setting Out Engineer position is based in Barnstaple.
Setting Out Engineer Package:
Setting Out Engineer Main Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Site Agent you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
* Setting-out the works in line with the construction programme.
* Undertaking survey work and as-built surveys.
* Drawing up Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits.
* Compiling and maintaining daily work record sheets and diaries.
* Daily programming and planning of work operations.
* Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
* Reporting any unsafe act or defect to your Line Manager.
* Liaise with fellow members of the project team and client's representatives on site.
* The Ideal Candidate
* Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
* Reading and understanding construction drawings and specification
* Use of GPS &/or Total Station instrumentation
* Setting-out carriageway and RC structure works
* Compiling measurement records and daily diary sheets
* Compiling and maintaining ITP's and Quality Records
* Good English spoken and writing skills
* To be degree educated or equivalent qualification
* To be working (or looking) towards achieving chartered status.
* To possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card
* To be eligible to work in the UK
* To work site hours (Generally 07.30 - 17.30) Monday to Friday
* To work occasional night and weekend shifts
* To be motivated and enthusiastic
* Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region.