- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Site / Setting Out Engineer
Setting Out / Site Engineer required to join my clients' major projects team. My client is a leading civil engineering and construction organisation that has shown continued growth over their 50+ year heritage.
Setting Out / Site Engineer required to join my clients' major projects team. My client is a leading civil engineering and construction organisation that has shown continued growth over their 50+ year heritage. The Setting Out / Site Engineer will be working on infrastructure projects of various sizes ranging in value up to £8M. The works will be for several of their key clients across both the public and private sector.
Setting Out / Site Engineer Package:
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
Setting Out / Site Engineer Main Responsibilities:
* The Site Engineer will report to the Senior Engineer/Sub Agent and work with the Works Manager to ensure that dimensional control and QA processes are undertaken in a timely manner to meet the Project Programme.
* The Site Engineer shall comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team.
The Setting Out / Site Engineer shall:
* Setting out the works in line with the Construction Programme.
* Promote and lead the site safety culture. Ensure that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled, and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards.
* Record any Near Misses on the Near Miss Cards, completed cards to be provided to the Safety Manager.
* Review Site Operations with Section Agents to ensure that any works being undertaken outside of the Contract Requirements are raised as EWN/NCE including those verbally instructed by Employer or Others.
* Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery, reporting key risks/opportunities to the Section Agent.
* Ensure contemporary Record Keeping through the maintenance of a site diary.
* Ensure required Setting Out is undertaken in timely manner using the latest Design Information to enable operations to progress effectively and provide material quantity requirements to Works Manager/Section Agent to enable timely delivery of required materials.
* Review Inspection and Test Plans with the Section Agent and ensure the required inspections and testing is undertaken and documented in the relevant file in accordance with the Project Management Plan. Ensure Section Agent is notified one week prior where external testing is required.
* Provide Quality Co-Ordinator with the required QA documentation for collation and submission to the Employer.
* Continual updating of as-built drawings on site and maintain measurement records to be submitted to Section Agent on Weekly Basis. As-Built drawings to be marked by hand on a "clean" set of "First Issue Construction Drawings".
* Review all relevant design information and raise Technical Queries where required on the AGCL Technical Query Form. TQs to be provided to Section Agent for review and onward submission. Ensure responses are monitored and inform Section Agent of non-response.
* Ensure all Survey/Testing Equipment has a current calibration certificate and maintain the Equipment Register for all Survey, Testing and Inspection equipment in their use using AGCL Equipment Register
* Ensure all works are undertaken in accordance with the RAMS and that Hold Points are adhered to and actioned accordingly. Any non-conformities to be reported immediately to the Section Agent.
* Ensure all Permits to Work (Excavation, Hot Works, Confined Spaces, Electrical Connections) are raised on relevant forms, issued, and filed with a copy of Permit issued to appropriate Ganger and briefed accordingly.
The Ideal Setting Out / Site Engineer:
* We are looking for a candidate who possesses:
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* A passion for keeping people safe.
* Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
* Good negotiation skills
* An ability to plan and organise works safely and efficiently.
* Excellent managerial and organisation ability
* A preference for teamworking and collaboration
* High level of Commercial acumen
* Strong communication and IT skills
* Attention to detail.
* The ability to prioritise and manage workload and is self-motivated.
* A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
* A working knowledge of NEC contracts and other common forms
* Degree or HND/HNC (in Civil Engineering or similar)
* CSCS qualification (desirable) & SMSTS Card
* Proven experience in Civil Engineering Contracting, preferably highway
* Planning Software & AutoCAD Trained
* Able to work site hours Mon - Fri 07.30 -17.30
* Able to work occasional nights and weekend shifts.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.