- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Due to a healthy order book, opportunities have arise for Marine Electricians, based in Southampton.
The suitable candidates will have very good experience within the marine electrical sector and ideally be time served.
The principle requirement is to install and test all electrics, electronics and navigation equipment on luxury cruising yachts, to a high standard.
Day to Day duties:
- Able to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of AC/DC systems.
- Knowledge of AV and NAV systems.
- Ability to work with different voltages (international).
- Able to test and commission own work.
- Ability to solder to a high standard.
- Expected to keep up to date with new technologies.
- Ability to plan work in conjunction with other trades.
- Ability to carry out general maintenance and tool repair i.e. PAT Testing.
- Good organisational skills and aptitude for applying technical knowledge practically.
- Ability to use ladders safely, work on uneven levels and in confined spaces etc.
- To be hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times.
- To be a valued member of the electrical team and undertake any other duties that may assist the department or business
Standard hours - 40
Salary - £29,000 - £32,000 Dependant on experience plus overtime at x1.5 as well as pension, health care, etc