- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join a leading Automotive supplier based in Gillingham, Kent on a permanent basis.
This role will be working within an established highly skilled team, to provide corrective and scheduled preventative Maintenance support within our clients manufacturing and R&D Facility. This position will also involve problem-solving, and the ability to work both efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Breakdown response for machine tools and assembly and test machines.
* Fault finding, rectification, basic mechanical interventions, modification and development of machinery as necessary.
* Liaise with internal and external supplies in sourcing service engineers, spares etc.
* Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organise accordingly.
* Identify and monitor track side spares for your areas. Keep an up to date record of required parts
* Understand and identify required spares. Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
* Have the ability to work closely with other members of the maintenance team.
* Use of CMMs for maintenance handovers and asset traceability.
The ideal candidate will have a proven Electrical Machine Maintenance background within a similar environment, mainly in maintaining, repairing and developing machinery, as well as a good knowledge of PLC's and how to fault find and repair and diagnostics alongside good problem solving skills.
It would be an advantage, although not essential, if the candidate had either a degree or an apprenticeship with 18th Edition. IOSH or NEBOSH and CNC diagnostic and memory backup / restore would also be a huge advantage.
If you feel you could be interested and would like to discuss further please do apply.