- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client is looking for an Ecological Clerk of Work to support the delivery of ecological survey, mitigation, management, monitoring, and construction works for the HS2 project around the Birmingham areas.
Responsibilities of an Ecologist
- Ecological Surveying and Monitoring along with Ecological Supervision of Habitat and species mitigation installation.
- Delivery of Ecological enhancements and supervision of construction or ground preparation work inclusive of vegetation clearance.
- Generate task briefs, meetings and deliver on-sire ecological advice to diverse teams.
- Preparation of precautionary Methods of working and Ecological Permits and building rapport with landowners, stakeholders, local communities and regulators.
Minimum Qualifications Needed for Role
- Membership of a chartered institute of ecology and environmental management (CIEEM) or Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Work (AEECoW)
- Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying including the ability to identify habitat signs for great crested newt, bats, badgers, otters and water vole.
- A valid CSCS card or equivalent.
- Degree or equivalent in Ecology, Environmental Management or related discipline.