- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Civil Engineer
We are working with a busy civil design consultancy who are seeking to recruit experienced Civil Engineers to build theirr team across theirr 3 offices in London, Henley on Thames and Gloucester.
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104,s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals. ▪ Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships.
- Support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
Key Skills & Experience
- Relevant degree plus 5+ years' experience in a civil engineering role
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc. ▪ Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
The successful candidate will have effective project and client management skills together with a high standard of written and oral communication. We are looking for a team worker with a positive approach who enjoys generating and applying creative solutions to project challenges. Sound commercial awareness is vital.
- Competitive starting salary with regular salary reviews to reflect your development ▪ 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used
- Annual Bonus (based on company / personal performance)
- Assistance with ICE / IStructE Professional Development to Chartership level
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service
- Employee Assistance Programme giving you free access to counselling and advice in legal, financial and personal matters