- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Civil Engineer (ESD)
Our client is seeking a Civil Engineer to join them on their joint venture on ESD (Scottish Water) based out of their Stepps/Glasgow office.
ESD is a joint venture that will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Scottish Water's water and wastewater treatment works across the length and breadth of the country.
ESD and Scottish Water are heading into their latest Investment Programme, known as SR21. ESD will deliver a programme of works up to £700m over the 6-year period with roles spanning outline design, detailed design, construction and commissioning phases of a project.
The ideal candidate will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimize risks and maximize profits on turnkey and engineering services contract. In order to ensure this you must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Civil Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
- Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
- Monitor and review the procedures and processes
- Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
- Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
- To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
- Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
- Membership of a professional institution chartered or nearing chartership
- Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree
- Minimum:- Civil Engineering HND
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance