- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Project Delivery Manager (Fibre/Telecoms)
Our client are a Tier 1 contractor, currently hiring for two seperate levels of Project Managers to work on their exciting Fibre/Telecoms projects in Longstanton, Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of planning,
staffing, scheduling, budget management including P&L, quality control, safety and overall
delivery of their allocated project(s).
The role is focused on ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders
throughout the project lifecycle.
The project manager will deliver the project scope in accordance with commercial
requirements and client needs ensuring delivery is on time, of high quality and in line with
commercial expectations. They will ensure all work under the project is carried out to a high
standard whilst observing all relevant safety, environmental and management procedures.
· In collaboration with the Resource Scheduling Manager, coordinate and organise
crews for your assigned project.
· Oversee the project site including yard and back office. Ensure equipment is stored
correctly and safely.
· Plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete
and strong monitoring and control of spend. Agree costs and sign off invoices in
line with the agreed budget.
· Ensure any slippage/risk is identified and remedial or mitigating actions are
suggested and implemented balancing delivery with commercial impact
· Be responsible for the P&L of the assigned project, assist in generating
monthly/weekly financial reports and ensuring the contract is profitable.
· Line manage assigned project team, ensuring performance appraisals and support.
Be responsible for ensuring crews are working efficiently, safely and aligned to the
· Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and
· Project management experience with strong team leadership skills
· Good commercial acumen with an understanding of delivering client satisfaction
whilst maximizing business value
· Self-motivated and able to operate autonomously
· Highly methodical and conscientious, meticulous at planning and breaking down a
plan into day to day, step by step tasks with clearly identified critical points for
· Numerate and able to deal with spreadsheets, data and used to managing budgets
· Excellent relationship building skills. Able to use knowledge to instil confidence in
internal and external parties
· Confident people manager and able to assert authority when required. Good at
dealing with a variety of people and personalities
· Degree educated - in an engineering discipline - advantageous
· APM - advantageous
· MSP - advantageous
· Strong written and oral communication skills, able to work with a wide range of
systems and experienced with writing and analysing reports
· Delivery focused, resilient to the end
· Lateral thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems