- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Lineman is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Works safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Capable of leading crew members in the absence of the Foreman.
- Strings overhead wire.
- Set poles and anchors.
- Installs transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshoots trouble in primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Must understand how to phase out a line using phasing sticks.
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order.
- Understands how to obtain a one shot on a recloser.
- Must be able to effectively conduct a pre-job or tailgate briefing.
- Must be able to safely perform a reconductoring job.
- Willingness to glove/work live high voltage distribution power lines.
- Capable of safely installing and removing mechanical jumpers.
- Understands how to use a load bust tool.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- 3-year minimum of recent field experience.
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License permit within 60 days of employment.
- A Commercial Driver's License is preferred.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.