- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Engineer (C++ , Embedded Software)
Are you looking to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a successful, innovative company? Are you looking for flexibility and a great work life balance? We have the opportunity to join an award-winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
The company are looking for a C++ Embedded Software Design Engineer to join a successful and growing team! This will be a hands on technical role, covering designing, implementing and testing the software products used in a variety of subsystems and helping steer the evolution for future products.
The C++ Embedded Software Design Engineer will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of systems!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Proven experience in Software Engineering (embedded C, C++.)
- Experience of developing real time embedded software using an OO approach.
- Ability to debug complex problems.
- A focus on code quality and being able to engage in code/ design reviews.
- Ability to develop and maintain extensible code
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
For full information, please get in touch!