- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
CAD Engineer (South West)
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Engineer in the south West (location to be agreed) who will be working on projects for our clients.
Day to day activities within the CAD team comprise of:
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram's
- Preparation of 3D models
- Preparation of site layouts and General Arrangements
- Preparation of pipe work detail drawings and Bills of Material
- The use of Plant P&ID/Plant 3D/Revit/AutoCAD to produce the above models/drawings
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments
- Working within our controlled document management system (Cabinet)
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience beneficial
- Autodesk Revit experience essential
- Autodesk Plant3D experience essential
- Knowledge of BS19650 (BIM Standard) workflows - specifically how models/drawings operate under these standards beneficial
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification - either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.