- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
An exciting contract position for an experienced Automotive Systems Engineer with full lifecycle Systems development experience, including requirements and Control strategy design using Matlab & Simulink.
This role is Inside IR35
Based in the South East with some WFH
Pay rate: £28-£42 ph Umbrella
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the role will consist of one or more of the following:
- Capturing and analyzing customer requirements using Polarion (or similar)
- Designing control algorithms & strategies (using Matlab\Simulink) and Autocode generation of production intent code
- Designing system diagnostics and CAN communication specifications
- Development of Safety Monitoring strategies to the EGAS standard
- Applying existing control strategies
- Developing Validation Tests for Electrical Bench, HiL and Vehicle
- Provide expertise for investigations and problem solving activities
- Calibrating sensor interfaces and diagnostic strategies
- Calibrating servo controls and regulators
- Supporting the customer's engine and vehicle testing
- Supporting system and hardware FMEA
Educated to HND or degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Have 2 or more years' experience of capturing and analysing customer requirements
- Experience of developing real time embedded control systems
- Experience of using Polarion ALM/PLM.
- Experience of designing control strategies in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Knowledge of C code(reading and understanding)
- Experience of Test case writing on requirements using Polarion.
- Experience of Jira activity management tool.
- CAN tools experience (CANstress, CANoe etc.).
- Knowledge of Excel/XML/XSLT standards.
- Understanding of diesel engine control strategies, ECU hardware and sensor/actuator interfaces.
- Experience in the automotive, rail or aerospace fields.
- Python skills will be really added benefit.
- Experience of Production intent auto-coding environments.
- Clearcase/Plastic (or similar configuration management tool).
- Knowledge of ATI
- Executing tests on dSpace HiL.
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson tools.
- Knowledge of ASPICE processes.