- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Communication Systems Engineer
Our client are a leading defence technology business seeking an experienced systems engineer to join them in the development of future military communication systems.
Your projects will be diverse - working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches and solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
You will be part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you autonomy, challenge, and strong sense of purpose. Depending on the project, there will be opportunities to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
You will be proficient in the understanding of military communication network and associated protocols and security architecture. Furthermore, be skilled in both the design, modelling and software implementation of such networks.
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Provide systems engineering skills with regard to military comms networks - specifically related to requirements analysis, design, modelling and implementation
- Maintain awareness across the military radio systems domain
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables and contribute to bids
- Provide technical support to customer meetings
- Apply and scale rengineering processes effectively
- Identify and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of the military comms domain
- Understanding of military comms network architectures, protocols and associated waveforms
- Experience of communication system modelling
- Knowledge of other defence disciplines, such as Electronic Warfare, Signals Intelligence, Radar, or GNSS.
- Proficient in software development