- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Hydro-Mechanical Systems Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Hydro Mechanical Systems Engineer to be based in Gloucester for a large aerospace company.
You will specialise in the development and certification of hydraulic equipment and systems.
You will work to ensure that all requirements are properly defined, validated, verified and
flowed down to internal and external suppliers. You will also apply your expertise to develop
new actuation technologies and lead in-service investigations/design improvements.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
* Leading the development of hydraulic equipment such as actuators and hydraulic dressings.
* Participating in the architecting and integration of hydraulic systems such as landing gear
* Liaising with customers to ensure all requirements are properly defined.
* Generation of System Requirements Definitions, Equipment Requirements Definitions,
Validation Matrices, Verification Matrices etc.
* Overseeing development testing and qualification testing programmes.
* Technical management of equipment suppliers, including investigation of test failures.
* Ability and willingness to communicate and work with all disciplines of engineering and
* Disposition of production concessions and sign-off of technical documentation; Safran
Landing Systems holds EASA Design Organisation Approval and as such you will be required
to become an airworthiness signatory for hydraulics.
* The opportunity exists to become part of the Safran Landing Systems hydraulics expert
network. This will require technical support to design reviews, primarily in Europe but
occasionally in North America, as an independent hydraulics expert, trouble shooting and
solving in-service issues relating to European hydraulic equipment suppliers and representing
Safran Landing systems at conferences and seminars
* Travel specificity: Some travel may be required.
* An in-depth knowledge of hydraulic systems and equipment design and qualification
* You will need to have previous experience of landing gear systems or similar hydromechanical
* An understanding of design principles.
* Experience in applying ARP4754 and ARP4761.
* You will also have knowledge of the principles of mechanical engineering
* You will need a sound knowledge of systems engineering theory, together with knowledge of
the principles of safety and reliability.
* You also will have the ability to write technical reports clearly and accurately (in English).
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.