- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client are seeking an experienced systems engineer to join them in delivering next generation autonomous systems for the naval and commercial marine markets
The role will develop the successful candidate to take on all the following responsibilities;
- Capturing and managing internal and external customer requirements.
- Coordinating and working with cross-functional teams to develop and define system architectures and interfaces.
- Planning, coordinating and/or carrying-out integration, commissioning, verification, validation and qualification activities.
- Negotiating acceptance of project deliverables or products with internal or external customers.
- Identifying, collating and reporting programme and technical risks to the relevant stakeholders.
- Acting as named Technical Authority for assigned products and projects.
- Participating in, and where appropriate chairing, project gate reviews to determine pass/fail criteria on milestones throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Interacting with the wider engineering teams both in the UK and worldwide, to develop optimal solutions to meet both engineering requirements and business needs.
- Providing technical support to Sales and Business Development activities including solution development, risk identification and task estimation.
- Working in accordance with departmental policies, processes, procedures using provided templates where appropriate.
- Promoting a Systems Engineering approach across the business including, but not limited to, requirement driven design, effective configuration management and both security and safety by default and by design
- Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of the Systems Engineering elements within the Business Management System (BMS) including policies, processes, procedures, templates and forms.
- Contribute to the quality assurance of technical deliverables through enhancements to processes and procedures, assist in the promulgation of these, undertake technical investigations and audit compliance where required throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Degree qualified or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience working across the systems engineering life cycle.
- Exposure to the defence, aerospace, marine or other high reliability / complexity environment.
- Proven experience delivering complex systems.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.