- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client are at the cutting edge of autonomous marine technology. They have an exciting role for an experienced engineering project manager to join them and help deliver these next generation systems to their customers.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Manager will provide the leadership and drive to a multi-functional project team accountable for meeting agreed customer requirements and project goals in line with bussiness processes.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring successful planning, execution and delivery of allocated projects with full accountability for ensuring on-time and budget delivery to the required quality levels.
This is a fast paced and hands on project role where no two days are the same! You will need to have a background in engineering and an appreciation of the complex nature surrounding engineering project delivery.
- Effective execution and delivery of allocated projects; meeting and maximising performance against time, cost and quality criteria.
- Planning, management and control of projects utilising company processes and systems together with recognised best practice project management techniques.
- Coordinating, leading and motivating cross-functional project team/stakeholders to meet programme goals and objectives; providing direction and control through robust planning, goal setting, prioritisation and communication.
- Creating a robust plan clearly detailing key activities, milestones and deliverables against customer requirements and contractual scope.
- Maintaining this plan throughout the project and utilising as a tool to communicate as well as monitor/control progress.
- Building strong customer relationships acting as the primary point of contact for customer communication and liaison; keeping customers informed of programme status, risks/issues and resolution plans.
- Adopting a commercial mind-set managing customer expectations in-line with contractual obligations and company priorities/capabilities whilst ensuring positive customer relations are maintained.
- Understanding of and responsible for the financial control and status of allocated projects at all times, providing regular status reports and forecasts including "estimate to complete" data to the business as required.
- Providing accurate, concise and timely project performance reporting information in support of the Project Review cycle. In addition, ensure any arising programme/business critical issues or risks are escalated in a timely manner together with an appropriate resolution strategy.
- Ensuring project resource and capability requirements are defined and deployed. Where conflict arises, manage and resolve with peers and functional managers, escalating to the Programme Manager only where required.
- Effectively managing risks, issues and opportunities through robust processes and working with the appropriate stakeholders to assess, building risk mitigation measures into the project as required.
- Adopting a proactive continuous improvement culture to ensure process, practices and methodologies are developed to maximise effectiveness within the business.
- Promoting, agreeing and implementing the most effective methods to meet project deliverables including recruiting specialists and sub-contractors if required. Monitoring their ongoing progress to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Strong project management experience with the engineering or technology domains.
- Experienced in the delivery of engineering projects.
- Formally accredited Project Management qualification e.g. APM/Prince 2/PMI or equivalent.
- Strong people management, communication and organisational skills demonstrable within a project delivery scenario.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject and a technology/engineering appreciation.
- Experience within the Defence and/or Marine domain.
- Commercially astute with experience of developing/maintaining robust and pro-active customer relationships.
- Experience in stakeholder and supplier management as well as project governance, risk and resource management.