- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Asset Management Strategist
- Our client is looking for a Asset Management Strategist to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and assist with the management of the team proactively and positively, managing and delivering the service to ensure the achievement of departmental, service and personal performance targets including nationally and locally agreed key performance indicators.
- Deputise for your manager including attendance at meetings and on working parties and user groups as required.
- Continuously monitor and review the effectiveness of services, systems and processes to improve performance and ensure best value for stakeholders and customers, implementing improvements as agreed.
- To implement robust management and reporting processes that enable the efficient delivery of maintenance strategies and works programmes, identify and propose change control to proactively address any associated performance issues in order to ensure successful delivery of service objectives.
- Establish and enhance effective working relationships with the highway contractors asset strategy functions and planning to develop the best asset management plan for the service.
- Provide professional information, guidance and advice to County Council managers and County Councilors, contributing to local, national and international debate to benefit East Sussex as appropriate.
- Undertake appraisals and reviews of new legislative and service initiatives, and assess their impact on the service.
- Resolve complex service delivery issues and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner in accordance with County Council policies and procedures.
- Act as mentor, coaching and training colleagues in order to support learning and development objectives and priorities to meet service delivery standards.
- Provide funding requirement information to contribute to the preparation of medium term financial plans and funding bids.
- Contribute to the assessment and development of business plans and service developments for the medium term.
Develop and manage the long-term Asset Management Strategy and Plan for all highway assets and infrastructure, including Whole Life Costing, Whole Government Accounts reporting, Lifecycle Planning and strategic targeted maintenance; providing the basis for highway operations and budget planning.
Ensure investment opportunities are maximised through efficient and effective cross-asset prioritisation working closely with the contractor and client teams.
Identify and prioritise maintenance in line with the asset management strategy and agreed performance targets that contribute to the management of all highway assets in the County.
Responsible for lifecycle planning for all asset groups from the maintenance strategy to inform the investment strategy.
Work closely with the Service Provider and key stakeholders to ensure programmes and solutions are affordable and deliver value for money with the optimum whole life cost to give the desired performance against identified priorities.
Deliver effective project management, engaging with stakeholders to ensure the requirement is fully understood and resulting programmes are delivered efficiently.
Support the delivery of the Highways and Infrastructure Services contract and organisation objectives.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Full Drivers Licence required.
- Asset Management Qualification
- Knowledge of business planning and performance management
Working conditions / environment:
- Home Working
- When things ease maybe asked to visit office once or twice - Flexible working
- 37.5 hours a week min
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly Pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 07901964657
- Email your CV to
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.