- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Matchtech are currently recruiting for a Project Controller on a 6 month contract within the Air Sector of a major MOD contractor.
Project Controller - 6 month contract - Samlesbury, Preston - £15.41p/h PAYE or £19.50ph Umbrella (Inside IR35).
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
The appointed candidate will be a Project Controller within the Fast Jet Support Organisation. This role will be responsible for the Project Control of multiple contracts within a Shared Service CAM area, reporting directly to the Project Control Team Lead. You will have responsibility for a number of contracts and sub services, and will be expected to support the PM delivery teams and the contract teams as required.
The role will include the controlling cost & performance against a baseline, including the management of CAM schedules and support to Business and Customer reporting requirements within Fast Jet Support.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Provide project control support to the PM delivery team on the relevant contracts on a day to day basis, with a consolidated view of the contract monthly and quarterly.
- Support monthly spend reviews with the factories for specific contracts to ensure financial control is robust on all contracts.
- Financial Control: Management of Financial Baseline Change control through Project Control System with quarterly restatements through CSR process with the support of the factory project control, but ensuring all completed in a timely manner.
- Performance Management: completion of packs for cost and ops meetings monthly and quarterly with the KPI/PI measures defined across all Customer Contracts, and monthly resilience reporting of business health (i.e. spend variance, TM1 status, resource status etc. with support from the project controllers.)
- Risk and Opportunity Management: monthly meetings and updates to the relevant databases, support to contract meetings and updates provided to PMs
- Excellent Microsoft Office Excel and Projects skills
- Good Outlook, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Industry experience in a Project Control/Project Co-Ordinator capacity
- Eligibility for BPSS clearance and willingness to go through the process
If you are interested in this role please apply with your updated CV and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss it with you. Please feel free to pass this advert on to anyone you think may be interested.