- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
An experienced Streetworks Inspector is needed for an initial contract till March 2022 with the potential to extend.
- Reporting to the Senior Engineer and working as part of a busy, friendly team, you will ensure that the Council's obligations under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 2004 & The London Permit Scheme are discharged efficiently and effectively in order to reduce disruption to the public highway and enable the Council to fulfil its network management duty.
- Duties will include, but not limited to:
- inspecting Street Works activities throughout the borough
- reporting on works in progress
- defective apparatus
- defective reinstatements and monitor sites throughout the guarantee period.
- You will already have a good working knowledge of all current legislation and a methodical approach which enables you to undertake your work effectively and efficiently.
- The successful candidate will also have an understanding of Traffic Management Plans and their interpretation.
- Experience working in a similar fast-paced environment and a good working knowledge of Mayrise would be an advantage.
- IT-literate, with good working knowledge of a range of packages including Microsoft Word and Excel, you will also have a sound understanding of current Street Works Registers and the use of hand held inspection devices would be beneficial.