- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
IoT Integration Engineer
We are looking for an IoT Integration Engineer to joing a key client to work on a number of projects within the rail industry. Candidates should have rail/transportation experience. This role is working remotely with office visits.
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of the 900-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within the Transportation Division and is responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL and TfGM. We provide a digitally enabled offering, through a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, building on the expertise.
This role is to support our Digital Twin work, and will leverage SCADA knowledge, along with cloud architectures to support data analytics and visualisations.
You will have excellent communications skills, together with the ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from varied backgrounds. You will be able to work closely with clients to capture requirements and develop integration strategies for use in Digital Twin models. You will be able to provide SME-level knowledge on ICS/SCADA systems, as well as be technically knowledgeable in data collection and analytics. A desire to continuously develop technically is essential.
The IoT Integration Engineer is responsible for:
- Working with clients to understand their current technology landscape and develop proposals for the integration of value-added software solutions.
- Providing expert insight into SCADA solutions as used in the water and rail industries.
- Providing technical solutions related to IoT data collection and management.
- Leveraging cloud infrastructure to rapidly develop reliable and scalable software and data analytics solutions.
- Developing data visualisation solutions.
- Working closely with the Service Manager to develop a SaaS business model for technical solutions.
- Relevant Degree.
- Relevant Azure certification.
Essential Criteria -
- Proven experience of working with IoT technologies.
- Experience working with ICS and SCADA.
- Excellent data analytics skills, with experience in machine learning/AI and big data platforms.
- Good understanding of relevant Azure technologies, including Azure IoT Hub, Azure Event Hub, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with GIS and Power BI visualisation technologies.
- Good software development skills in Java, C#, Python or equivalent language.
Desirable Criteria -
- Some experience of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience of using cloud-based analytics in heavy infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail Utilities, Oil & Gas, Highways).
- Experience in working closely with clients to develop Digital Twin models.
- Understanding of Enterprise Asset Management technology solutions (preferably one of Ellipse, Maximo, SAP or Oracle).
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.