- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Data Cost Analyst
Commercial, finance or data management skills within transportation sector and Knowledge of cost systems is ideal.
About the role (accountabilities include but are not limited to):
- Undertake analysis of outputs from data reports to support accurate reporting, benchmarking and analysis of Costs.
- Ensure that cost information received is harvested and incorporated into systems, to drive the mechanics behind the systems for world class Cost reporting.
- Draw on industry best practice in the development and maintenance of Cost systems to:
- ensure consistent best in class approaches and decision making across project portfolio; and
- provide support to the development of programme-wide models including (amongst others) indirect costs, whole life, and prelims.
- Degree or equivalent experience working towards membership of a relevant professional association;
- Commercial, finance or data management skills. An understanding of the construction industry would be of benefit, but not essential,
- Understanding of the cost drivers that define a project and ability to analyse and convert project data into meaningful cost analysis and reporting;
- Knowledge of performance measurement of projects using Earned Value Management and similar techniques;
- Knowledge of cost systems, such as SAP, Oracle, Cost OS and PRISM or similar
- Experience of interfacing with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding and experience of Form of Contracts and their commercial basis;
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.