- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal Parking & Traffic Regulation Orders Officer
We have an excellent contract position for a Parking & Traffic Regulation Orders Officer. This will be maternity cover for around 6/9 months and starting in August/September. The client will look at CVs alongside desired rates.
Working within the Asset Integrity discipline, you will hold a key post in leading a small team ensuring delivery of all Traffic Regulation Orders and Parking Improvement schemes within the county. You will implement and oversee a process that ensures that the road network operates effectively in accordance with, and strictly in line with relevant legislation and Council policy.
Responsibilities (Core Functions):
* To ensure that traffic management, parking schemes and supporting traffic are progressed legally and on time.
* Advise planning officers with regard to the provision of parking restrictions in relation to new development.
* Liaise and work as necessary with the Traffic Manager and with Highways England and other external bodies as required within the remit of the job to ensure the effective delivery of their service on behalf of the Council.
* Draft and process traffic regulation orders and related statutory notices under the various sections of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and other relevant legislation.
* Investigate appropriate parking control improvements, including public consultations and the progression and implementation of scheme where appropriate, in accordance with the annual review programme.
* To maintain an annual programme for reviewing all existing parking restrictions, requests for additional parking restrictions or changes to existing.
* Manage and respond to queries from Elected Members, District, Borough and Parish Councils, Joint Action Groups and Residents Associations in relation to parking restrictions.
* Develop, maintain and update the Council's ParkMap TRO management system.
* Liaise with Principal Officers (Legal) and supply them with legal and procedural input into such issues.
* Be responsible for maintaining and updating traffic orders systems and indexes; manage the purchasing/invoicing of advertising space for public notices in required publications, either directly or indirectly through a third party.
* Liaise and give professional advice and support to colleagues, Councillors, Senior Officers and other Stakeholders on technical and professional matters relating to Traffic Order, traffic management and parking schemes.
* Work closely with the Council Parking and Operations Senior Officer with regard to amendments to regulations in support of Civil Parking Enforcement;
* Prepare reports, evidence on matters to the highest quality and within the scope of the service for presentation at Public Inquiries, Executive Member Decision and to attend as required meetings and working groups
* Keep abreast of legislative changes relating to traffic and highways
* Exercise financial control of expenditure in respect of schemes and projects for which the post holder is responsible.
* Line Manage, develop, and support staff within the TRO and Parking Team ensuring that output is quality assured
* Arrange, co-ordinate, manage and implement parking review and improvement projects in order to meet statutory and organisational requirements and ensure continuity of service.
* Respond to day to day enquiries relating to operational and administrative parking issues, including correspondence, reports, meetings and site visits.
* To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for personal health, safety and welfare and that of other persons, and to comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety within KierWSP.
* Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
* Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
* Ideally you will hold a HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering or demonstrate sufficient experience in Traffic Engineering, Traffic Regulation Orders and Parking Schemes
* CSCS Card - Manager Level desirable
* Sector 12D Traffic Management Card Holder
* IOSH - Managing Safety Certificate
* SMSTS (Preferred)
Skills: You will have a full understanding of traffic/highway design principles and have the ability to produce drawings in AutoCAD, together with use of Keysign, Keyline software.
Also, you will need to have the following general skills:
* Experience of working in a local authority context;
* 'People skills' experience in people management
* A good communicator
* A good organiser, both of self and others with the ability to think in advance
* Self-motivated and able to motivate others
* Willing, enthusiastic and flexible in their approach to work
* 'Can do - will do' attitude
* To be diplomatic, patient and understanding with members of the public and third parties
Able to undertake work activities in a safe manner in compliance with the health and safety management system and not compromising the health and safety of their work colleagues, subcontractors, the client and members of the public.
If you're interested, send an update CV to:
I would also be happy to discuss this opportunity over the phone.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.