- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our Aerospace and Defence client is looking for an EMC Specialist to join their team in Bristol on a contractor basis. This is an initial 6 month contract and is inside of IR35.
The role is to undertake a range of engineering activities with the EMC skill area, applying specialist technical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Act as specialist for EMC requirements (including Nuclear effects) for the MBDA project teams or delegated MBDA programme
- Write or assist in delivering EMC documentation including (but not limited to) Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS's), EMC Control Plans, Proving Plans, Proving Requirements and Proving Instructions.
- Oversee EMC qualification testing ensuring evidence will be suitable for our customers and providing the test team support where necessary
- Provide electronics modelling and technical support to assist design authorities using software such as LT-SPICE/P SPICE or equivalent
- Support the project team in EMC and Nuclear safety critical analysis, performing assessments such as RAD HAZ/HERO to 59-114 as well as nuclear effects on circuitry
- Support other EMC project engineers in your own area of expertise to support team development
- Support the delivery of Radiation Effects testing contracts.
- Work across functional and international boundaries to resolve complex technical problems using analytical tools
- Thorough understanding of the EMC environmental life cycle for the various military services.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques and systems.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test antennas and their appropriate utilisation.
- Knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation.
- Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to the EMC discipline.
- Good communication skills at all level both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within budget limits.