- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Architect - Sensors
Are you looking to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a successful, innovative company? Are you looking for flexibility and a great work life balance? We have the opportunity to join an award-winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
The company are looking for a Software Architect to help develop the next generation of Radars and Sensors.
The Software Architect will be the focal point between Radar and Sensor experts, algorithm designers, electronic engineers, systems engineers, trials engineers and software engineers. This is an influential and hands-on technical role, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of complex real-time systems, from a software engineering point of view.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Significant experience working on the boundary between software architecture, systems engineering and system design for complex systems - likely you will have a technical background in Software / and or Systems Engineering.
- A thorough understanding of Embedded Systems and how to design for proving and manufacture.
- Ability to lead technical direction of a project, and to understand the technical aspects of an overall product.
- Experience / knowledge of Software, with the ability to talk about software issues on your current projects.
- Knowledge of Simulink, C++, FPGAs (such as Xilinx, Altera), UML, SysML and DOORS
- Ability to be influential and well connected - able to guide people towards a decision when things are uncertain.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Sensors experience, specifically in Radar would be highly desirable.
For full information, please get in touch!