- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Commercial Manager (water industry)
Our water industry client is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Commercial Manager for their CMDP joint venture framework.
Based at Falmer (Brighton) or Chatham offices, you will provide leadership and management to the commercial delivery teams and core team commercial functions for the CMDP business.
CMDP is a joint venture that will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water's water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Senior Commercial Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Commercial Management of the out performance of projects & Tranches of projects.
- Commercial & Contractual support to the Procurement team.
- Provide input to Continuous development of CMDP Commercial Strategy for Pre works orders & Construction Phase.
- Leading the Commercial team in the tranche programme.
- Continuous review of commercial resource levels with the Programme manager to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- Advise Senior Commercial Manager of Commercial resourcing requirements.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in recruiting of commercial resources.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in providing contractual and commercial training to all staff in the CMDP business.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in review and continuous development of commercial processes and procedures
- Undertake approvals to gates and other processes in accordance with the CMDP authority matrix.
- Deputise for the Senior Commercial Manager as and when required.
- Professionally qualified to RICS, CMinstCES or several years' experience in a management & leadership role.
- Experienced user of Microsoft products, Excel in particular.
- Experience & Knowledge of IT reporting systems
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance